Wednesday, February 14, 2024

February 14--I LOVE my Neighbors!

Love is the feeling we have for those we care deeply about and hold in high regard. It can be light as the hug we give a friend or heavy as the sacrifices we make for our children.  --Cheryl Strayed

    Last Saturday evening, a chilly one, I bundled up to take Barney out to pee. We went out the front door, and the storm door slammed shut as is its habit when it is quite cold outside. Barney did his business and we went back to the porch only to find the storm door locked. It slammed so hard that it flipped the lock switch. GRRRRR! OK, we'll go in through the garage. Nope, I couldn't get the keypad to open the door. I had no phone on me. Just me and Barney locked out of the house. My husband was away at a music jam. 
    Our next door neighbors, P&M, pulled up just as I was trying to figure out what to do. They took Barney and me in, and let me use a phone to call my husband. Because it was a number he didn't recognize, he ignored the calls. M called another set of neighbors across the court, C&C, and they came out, too. Multiple tries by everyone on the garage door keypad were unsuccessful. Long story short, C finally replaced the batteries in the keypad and was able to get the garage door open. Hallelujah!! 
    My husband didn't get home until a couple hours later. I was helpless--Barney and I would have frozen without the neighbors' help. 
    Barney was a confused trooper through the whole thing. 
    Thank you, my wonderful, sweet, kind neighbors!!!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment