Saturday, February 10, 2024

February 10--For Serenity

Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.  --Fred Rogers

    In my mind I am roaming around assorted family members both close and more distant, and thinking how much there are things in them that I don't like, but still I love them. There are addictions, disagreeable religious and political beliefs, lack of communication, poor self-care, and financial instability, to name a few. I am well aware that I have no power to change any of this, other than via acceptance and continually sending love their way. 
    Free will is a powerful human force. No one likes anyone messing with their freedom to choose. If we want serenity, we accept and continue to love. 
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment