Friday, March 1, 2024

March 1-Authenticity

Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It's about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.  --Brene Brown

    March's theme is authenticity. As I ponder this topic, I recognize that I am authentic in some relationships and not in others. With friends and some family members, it's no problem. With my closest family members, it seems to me wisest to not rock the boat with my honesty. There are a multitude of reasons for this. So I guess I don't feel very authentic much of the time. 
    Many families elect to not discuss politics or religion at family gatherings. Is that lack of authenticity or simply preserving the peace? 
    Well, I have a month to consider the topic!
        Leta

An interesting pattern
in the Florida sand

No comments:

Post a Comment