Monday, February 5, 2024

February 5--Note the Vibes

People are felt rather than seen after the first few moments.  --John Steinbeck

    I think this is a good thing, and I am a strong advocate for using that intuitive sense wisely. 
    I can think of a few people in my life with whom I would rather not be sharing the planet. They give me "the creeps" because they have displayed sleazy or deceitful behavior or said inappropriate things. I'm glad there have been only a few such folks. 
    On the other hand, I have encountered many folks in my life with whom I felt great comfort and joy very early on. This has been especially true as I have met so many people playing pickleball. It has been pretty easy to "feel" those who are "win at any cost" vs. "let's have fun." 
    Being an introvert, it can be a challenge for me to get past "the first few moments" of conversation, but I am nearly always rewarded with good feelings as I learn about another interesting earthly life. 
        Leta

It's February--Spring Training starts soon! 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment