Sunday, February 11, 2024

February 11--Communities of Love

To love or have loved, that is enough.  --Victor Hugo

    And let us continue to love, for our survival depends upon it! Here are hopeful words about our future from author and activist Valarie Kaur: 

I’m seeing people waking up, being in relationship, grieving together, raging together, marching together, re-imagining their own area of public life, their own sphere of influence in ways that I never imagined possible before. In those acts, in those moments and those gatherings around fierce love, I feel like I see glimpses of the nation, the world, that is wanting to be born.…

If we can create and nurture and inspire more and more of those containers, every school, every home, every workplace, every church, every house of worship, every neighborhood can become a pocket of that kind of beloved community, because this love stuff is not saintly. It’s practical. It’s pragmatic….

In the moments when I feel alone or afraid or that this love is absent, I just have to open my eyes, feel the earth beneath my feet, remember my grandfather’s love, know that separateness is an illusion. If I just sink into the present moment here and now, I can access the love that has been poured into me, the love that I am capable of, the love that surrounds me on all sides. And that can give me enough energy to take the next breath and then push.

Let us push on for a brighter, love-filled future.
        Leta

Dusk in Wichita

No comments:

Post a Comment