Monday, November 8, 2021

November 8--Boredom is Motivating

Perhaps the world's second-worst crime is boredom; the first is being a bore. 
--Cecil Beaton

    I am a fairly easy-going person. I generally go with live-and-let-live, and most folks don't bother me. There are, however, a couple folks whom, due to past experience, I would rather not encounter for the remainder of my life. I was in the same room as one of them this past Saturday night, and I was able to avoid the person. Pondering this, I realize that both of these people fit my "bore" category perfectly. 
    I know that I am guilty of this one on occasion--the "organ recital." That is giving a detailed list of one's medical issues, doctor appointments and aches. The women's locker room at the YMCA is the place to get a hefty dose of that. I'll admit that is oddly motivating--it keeps me exercising, and I don't want to be a bore giving anyone my list!
    And yes, I am prone to boredom, mostly seasonal. About this time of year, when baseball ends, before basketball is in full swing, as golf and gardening seasons wind down, I get bored until I adjust. Boredom doesn't feel good, so I don't hang there for long. 
    Have an interesting week!
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment