Wednesday, November 3, 2021

November 3--Choose Consciously

We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them.  --Kahlil Gibran

    I have two reactions to this quote: "yep" and "yikes!" It is so true, and serves to keep me on the path of choosing joy, so as to avoid the sorrow route. Life will have sorrows, such as losing loved ones, but I do not need to create more sorrow for myself with a negative attitude and self-defeating behavior. 
    Here's a simple example of Gibran's quote. Regular readers know our son was married recently. This is a huge, joyful event for me, inspiring a LOT of emotion (Energy in MOTION). [I kid you not, just as I am writing this, my son texted me the picture below from the wedding day.] I know my tendency to drink too much when I am in such an extreme emotional state. So I made a commitment to the couple and several friends that I would not drink alcohol at the event, i.e. choosing joy ahead of time. I felt clean and clear-headed through the whole celebration, and that was priceless. 
    Our choices matter,
        Leta
Extreme JOY!


1 comment: