Wednesday, November 17, 2021

November 17--Bring 'Em On!

The person who has lived the most is not the one with the most years but the one with the richest experiences.  --Jean-Jacques Rosseau

    Amen! As I am accumulating years on planet Earth, I am less and less interested in stuff and loving experiences even more. My life has been blessed with a lot of rich experiences. It has been priceless being a wife, mother, aunt and dog-owner. I've had a lot of varied work experience, all of which has enriched me, even though I didn't care for some of it at the time. I've zip-lined and skydived.
    I thank my mother for planting the travel seed in me. My dad would not fly in an airplane (Dad: "You don't die till your number is up. I don't want to be up in a plane when the pilot's number is up."), so my mom took me. Before she passed, we went to Rome, Paris, Scandinavia, Japan, and the Canary Islands. I've been to Greece, Italy (again), Costa Rica, Canada (both ends), Mexico, Scotland, Ireland, Bahamas, England and lots of U.S. spots. In less than two weeks, I head to Jamaica. I am still on my "every MLB stadium" quest, with six more to go. 
    You don't need to leave home to have rich experiences, but it sure helps. How different would life be if we viewed each day as a rich experience?
        Leta

Butchart Gardens, Vancouver Island, British Columbia



No comments:

Post a Comment