Sunday, November 28, 2021

November 28--Good Orderly Direction

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.  --Ursula K. Le Guin

    I have been for quite some time feeling mostly "rudderless." That voice in my head is loud: "You should do more." More what? It is important for me to feel useful. However, I'm not really feeling jazzed up about anything. Tax season (mid-January to mid-April) is coming up, and that fully consumes me. However, this will likely be my last working tax season, and that will be three months of usefulness to replace. I really enjoy my assorted part-time work activities, but they don't use up all my time. Golfing keeps me going in warm weather, but it is quite limited now until spring. As you can see, my journey right now is kinda murky. Such has been the case before, and as I trust the process, clarity comes. For now my routine daily "journey" keeps me mostly content.
    As I sit and ponder an "end to journey toward," what I really want is to spend more time with my sons and daughter-in-law. We shall see how that journey develops...
    One day at a time,
        Leta

P.S. A tribute to one who had a helluva journey... As I was trimming the Christmas tree, I pulled out the ornament pictured below, given to me by my friend who transitioned this past summer. It was a comical gift, in that she knew I never have and never will own or wear such a pair of spike-heel shoes. She did, however. She had a shoe collection to rival Imelda Marcos. The inside says, "All I want is peace on earth and really cute shoes." Thank you, Blanche, for sharing your journey with me!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment