Tuesday, November 16, 2021

November 16--Warped from Childhood 😉😉

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.  --Coco Chanel

    I have a lot of mixed feelings on this one. If I envision models on a runway, considering the source of the quote, then there is no way that I could even come close to classy or fabulous. High fashion and I are galaxies apart. 
    One definition of classy is "stylish and sophisticated," and fabulous is "amazingly good, wonderful." I may, on rare occasions, hit wonderful (at least in my own mind), but I certainly am a girl failure by Chanel's standard. 
    I see from what I have written above that I'm focusing mostly on outward appearance. I expect that is because I am so clueless regarding fashion trends. 
    Let's look at "classy and fabulous" from an inward perspective. That would mean a person who lives and interacts with integrity, a person who is reliable, who lives consciously, comfortable in her own skin, who is self-assured enough to have no need to prove herself. All these good qualities shine from within and create a beautiful countenance no matter what the dress may be. 
    I revise the quote: A girl should be whatever she wants to be.
        Leta

I figured it out!!!!! Most little girls had Barbie dolls:

I had a Tammy doll:


No comments:

Post a Comment