And I thank the Universe for it!!! In a global environment wherein we could be thoroughly depressed all the time, laughter is such a saving grace. It is too easy to take things, including ourselves, too seriously.
One of my favorite performers is Greg Tamblyn. He is a witty, talented singer-songwriter with a lot of laugh potential in his performances and on his website. In response to the "How are you?" question, instead of "fine," "ok," or whatever, Greg suggests making up something unusual such as:
- Still getting away with it.
- Parts of me are excellent.
- I feel a lot more like I do now than I did awhile ago.
- You first, I need a baseline.
- Pretty good since the sex change.
- Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
- Vertically challenged, horizontally gifted.
- Still 80% water.
- My DNA says I’m a Neanderthal.
- Still a big bag of happy atoms.
- I ain’t had this much fun since the hog ate my bad uncle.
- Glass half full.
- Stranger than fiction.
- Compared to what?
- Wait...you can see me?
The last one is my favorite!
I would also offer that having a dog in one's life is an excellent source of laughter. For the first week we had Barney, we wondered if he could bark. In very short order, however, he has become quite the talker. There's a difference between his vocalizations for "isn't it supper time for me?" and "I have to pee" and "let's play!" He has also mastered the "you're leaving me" pathetic look. It has been such a joy to learn his comical personality.
Laugh! Make your day lots more fun!
|Mark your calendar--|
it's a thing--
always the first Sunday in May!