Saturday, November 13, 2021

November 13--No Chocolate, No, No, No

Crave for a thing, you will get it. Renounce the craving, the object will follow you by itself.  --Swami Sivananda

    Have you ever tried to talk yourself out of a desire for chocolate or ice cream or bacon? "Renounce the craving" and everything in the universe looks like the craved item. I have vast personal experience with this one. 
    I LOVE carrot cake. (Actually, I'll admit I love the cream cheese frosting more than the cake, but it's more acceptable with the delivery system of the cake.) However, I don't keep it around, because that's all I would eat. So I treat myself, once a year around my birthday, to one piece of carrot cake from a local favorite restaurant. That's enough. It's a goofy system, but it keeps the carrot cake from following me around. 😉😉
    Deprivation is not a good plan,
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment