Friday, November 26, 2021

November 26--Still Thankful

Your successes and happiness are forgiven you only if you generously consent to share them.  --Albert Camus

    It's the day after the U.S. holiday of Thanksgiving and I'm still thankful. For gratitude to be meaningful, it has to be a daily gig. 
    I can't figure how one could truly experience success and happiness without sharing them. Joy is meant to be spread around. What uplifts one of us uplifts all. Our fear-based world needs all the good news we can get. 
    Here's a goofy fun example of sharing success... I am having physical therapy to strengthen my left leg and hip. Despite my quite-active lifestyle, a year after my hip replacement, my left leg is still weaker than my right, and I know that long-term compensation for that in my body is probably not a good thing. So PT is "kicking my ass," which is what I signed up for. Now remember, I'm a yoga teacher. I am learning great hip stabilization moves that I can use in my classes. My students know generous sharing is coming when I say, "I had another PT session yesterday." It's a win-win for all. 
    It's a good time to focus on GOOD and share it!
        Leta

A shot from the recent rehearsal dinner...
family joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment