Saturday, November 27, 2021

November 27--Wind Through the Trees

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.  --Kahlil Gibran 

    This one is a little too deep for me, so I'll just fiddle with it. My thoughts go to this: I believe we probably learned in childhood and adolescence that NO ONE can truly keep a secret. At least that was my experience. If we don't want something out in "the wind," we need to keep it to ourselves. 
    This leads me to considering the shadow side of ourselves. There are some things that for our mental, spiritual and emotional health we need to set free. That is when a trusted professional comes in handy, someone we typically pay to keep our secrets. This has been an invaluable service in my life. 
    Bob Dylan: "The answer is blowin' in the wind."
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment