Thursday, November 11, 2021

November 11--Lighten Up

It is easy to be heavy; it is hard to be light.  --G. K. Chesterton

    It is especially easy to be heavy if we get caught up in all the ugliness of our world nowadays. It takes effort to move one's focus from that to all the good, to lighten up. Here's an amusing take on the quote--it's easy for gravity to keep us on the planet, but it is hard for us to levitate. 
    It has been a heavy couple of days for me, so to lighten things up, I bought a "cake" of brightly colored yarn, and I'm making myself useful with a crochet hook. Repeating the pattern as I stitch takes my mind off "heavy." It's a meditation of sorts. 
    Heavy is outside us; light shines forth from within. Let's shine. 
        Leta

My "light" project(s)


No comments:

Post a Comment