Saturday, January 30, 2021

January 30--The Journey of Staying Put

It's good to have an end to journey toward, but it's the journey that matters in the end.  --Ursula K. Le Guin

    Being a person who loves to travel, 2020 cramped my style hard. Planned journeys to Arizona, Colorado, the eastern U.S., and Spain/Portugal were cancelled. Many times I have felt trapped in a much smaller world not so much of my choosing. But 2020 in itself was a journey of "home." With home as our safe place, our base, we tend to take it for granted. 2020 hopefully brought to us deep gratitude for the comforts of home--warmth in cold times, coolness in warm times, running water, those beings we live with (whether person, animal or both), comfort, safety, the ability to cook and eat well, clean water, working plumbing and electrical systems, projects to use our skills, neighbors, the beauty and character of our immediate neighborhood, the opportunity to learn and apply new skills. I've always loved my woman cave. It is my office, creative space and TV room all combined, and I still enjoy hanging there. The journey of 2020 brought us a clearer picture of what we truly value and what we choose to let go. That is "the journey that matters in the end."
    Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment