Wednesday, January 20, 2021

January 20--"Git 'Er Done"

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. 
--Epictetus

    Actually, the first part is the most challenging for most folks. As a spiritual living coach, when I ask folks what they want to do, be or have, most often I get, "I don't know." It is impossible to "do what you have to do" when you don't know what you are aiming for.

    Let's play.
    I want to be peaceful. Eliminate drama from your life. 
    I want to be financially secure. Use your money wisely, live simply within your means.
    I want to be a writer. Write.
    I want to be a world traveler. Go somewhere.
    I want to be an artist. Paint or play music or sculpt--create something.
    I want to be healthy. Move, eat well, develop your body sense, care for yourself. 
    I want to have more friends. Be a friend, show love somewhere.

    You get the idea. Once you figure out what you would be/do/have, the rest is pretty easy to discern. Not necessarily easy to accomplish, mind you, but easy to discern. 
    I think I can, I think I can,
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment