Monday, January 25, 2021

January 25--If Only

Growth and self-transformation cannot be delegated.  --Lewis Mumford

    If they could, there would certainly be plenty of folks looking to offload the work! How silly--if someone else did our spiritual work, we wouldn't learn anything. 
    Speaking from personal experience, growth and self-transformation can be quite messy. Exploring my shadows, seeking to release character defects, striving to recover from generations of addiction--let's just say there has been a lot of angst, tears and snot. There were things that were extremely difficult and/or embarrassing to face, but at no time was my life actually in danger. Growth and self-transformation did not kill me, nor will it kill you. I don't regret a bit of the effort and messiness. It brought me to where I am today, healthy, with good relationships, comfortable in my own skin. 
    Given that our very reason for being alive is expansion, life will make us grow and transform. We can choose to proceed fighting, kicking and screaming all the way--a victim--or curiously enjoy the journey--an empowered being. Being human, we will most likely waver between those two choices, and we'll certainly learn from that which is ultimately the more satisfying approach.
    Staying curious,
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment