Friday, January 22, 2021

January 22--Little by Little

Many things which cannot be overcome when they are together, yield themselves up when taken little by little.  --Plutarch

    Those who know me even somewhat well know that house-cleaning is pretty much my least favorite activity in life. Certainly I love the end result, but the process, not so much. The thought of cleaning my whole house at one time has become one of those things "which cannot be overcome." So I have developed the practice of cleaning for one hour. Knowing I can stop in an hour, I get as much done as possible in that time. As a result, typically in three separate hours, I can usually get the house clean. "Little by little" is much less torturous for me. 
    Humans simply can't always see the big picture, and so we have to operate on "little by little." Life is little by little, one day, another day, another. Healing anything--physical, emotional, mental, spiritual--is usually a "little by little" process. Accomplishing a goal or fulfilling a dream involves a multitude of baby steps. "Little by little" is the journey of life. The fun is in the process. 
    Enjoy this day, "little by little!" 
        Leta
 


No comments:

Post a Comment