Friday, January 29, 2021

January 29--Enjoy the Ride!

Accomplishments will prove to be a journey, not a destination. 
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

    The fun is in the doing, in the process. Because once we've completed a task, goal or dream, we naturally look for the next one, i.e. the next journey, to undertake. Do we ever, upon reaching a destination, or accomplishing a goal, sit down and say, "OK, that's it, I'm done forever!"? In a universe designed to expand eternally, including the humans in it, there is no destination. It's all about the journey. 
    A couple days ago, I was able to talk myself into going for a lunchtime walk, although it was very cold outside. If all I cared about was the destination, I'd have stayed in my office, because that's where my walk ended up. It was the journey--being outside, moving my body, (sort of) clearing my head--that I was seeking. Similarly, with a barn quilt painting project, while I enjoy the end result, the "destination," it is the journey of creation that delights me--drawing the pattern, taping the lines, adding color after color.
    What journey(s) will today include for you?
        Leta




No comments:

Post a Comment