Wednesday, January 27, 2021

January 27--Saved? 😉😉

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.  --Buddha

    This is similar to the Jan 25 Mumford quote that "Growth and self-transformation cannot be delegated." Possibly we could replace the word "saves" with "fixes." If life is not to our liking, it's tempting to look all over the place for someone or something to FIX it. Alas, as Buddha states, the fixing or saving is our own work and can't be anyone else's job. 
    I don't consider myself a Christian. I don't have any such religious label that I apply to myself. I have been asked occasionally by a religious (usually professed Christian) person if I have been "saved." My reply is "Saved from what?" I don't believe there's anything out there "keeping score," judging me, prepared to torture me for eternity. The only thing I need saving from is my own self-limiting or self-destructive thoughts and actions, and only I can do that. This "path" that Buddha references IS life, the joy of freedom and expansion that we come here to experience. 
    Let's enjoy the walk,
        Leta

One can dream...



No comments:

Post a Comment