Tuesday, January 19, 2021

January 19--Life's Music

Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming.  --David Bowie

    This is all about enthusiasm for life. Comically, I have heard today coming for nine months. For three months each year, I do tax work, starting today, the day after Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. So after a light pace of part-time work, I go full-time and beyond for three months. I thoroughly enjoy the work and my co-workers. I learn so much. My earnings support my travel habit. 
    There is a common question: what gets you up in the morning? My surface answer is "coffee." But deep down, I love my life. Except maybe for a tropical beach, there's nowhere else I'd rather be. My health is great, my relationships are good, I have a great variety of meaningful work and activities that I enjoy, and I thoroughly dig being by myself. I have a rich spiritual practice that nourishes me. I look forward to even the most "boring" of days. My angel dog Barney keeps me moving and laughing. Love enfolds me and moves through me--it doesn't get any better than that, and that is the music of my days. 
    Is your life's music a pleasant tune? 
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment