Friday, January 15, 2021

January 15--With Love and Reverence

Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence.  --Henry David Thoreau

    In my working life, I have been a computer systems developer, legal secretary and finance manager. It was a bit of a crooked path, but each of those worked in my family's life at the time. I enjoyed most all of it. The finance manager job took a major turn for the worse, and "love and reverence" disintegrated. That led to the leap into my current self-employment, which is very crooked, indeed, but steeped in love and reverence. I hesitate when asked what I do. Which of the following do I offer? Tax preparer, MELT/yoga teacher, spiritual living coach, author, or bookkeeper. Maybe after reading the Thoreau quote, I'll state my occupation as "walking with love and reverence." I love all the things I do, that's why I continue to do them. 
    My absolute favorite path of "love and reverence" has been motherhood. I wouldn't call it a narrow path, but it certainly has had its twists, turns, ups and downs, i.e., "crooked." I've learned more from raising two sons than from anything else in this lifetime. There has been intensive self-learning, great challenge and profound love. I would not give up any experiences I've had on the motherhood path. 
    Where are you walking with love and reverence?
        Leta
Alan Seeger Natural Area, central PA


No comments:

Post a Comment