Friday, January 1, 2021

January 1--New Month, Year and Theme

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.  --C. S. Lewis

    It's so very appropriate that the theme for January in the "Daily Peace" book is transition. Even though it seems like "just another day," we have flipped the calendar to a new month and year. 
Welcome, 2021, and all it has to offer!

    I finished off 2020 with a tour of Illuminations, the annual light show at Botanica, Wichita's botanical gardens. I LOVE Christmas lights. They make me so happy in a squealing-little-kid sort of way. My inner youngster had a bonus last night with a carousel ride. Surprisingly, there was no line for a ride on the indoor carousel, so I went for it. And I didn't just sit on a bench--I got on a horse, which I could not have done had I not had hip-replacement surgery. Comically, I got on a very low horse, but when the carousel stopped, my horse was at its highest. I had no problem getting off. What a joy to do something that I hadn't done in decades. What a fun way to cap off a most interesting year!
    Looking ahead, I paraphrase one of my favorite lines from 12-Step literature: Each day we live well, we are well, and we embody the joy of living, which attracts others who want what we've found. Let's live this day well, shall we?
        Leta

Botanica 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment