Saturday, January 23, 2021

January 23--Never!

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.  --C. S. Lewis

    What good news! If we feel too old to set a goal or dream a dream, what else is there? I'm not necessarily talking lofty save-the-world stuff here. There are some days wherein getting out of bed and moving is a big goal. 
    A few years back I had a conversation with a recently divorced woman who said, "I just want to survive." To which I replied, "How about thriving instead?" The ensuing discussion changed her perspective dramatically, which I have no doubt changed the course of her life. Setting goals and dreaming enable us to thrive. 
    Continuing to pursue goals and dreams is inspiring to others. Our older son and his partner are in the process of building and buying their first home. Their excitement is infectious. In this ongoing pandemic, with so much uncertainty about what we may be able to do, it is so wonderful to have the new home to anticipate. It's a big step for the whole family. 
    I am in the midst of my tax season job now, with the aim being to enjoy each day and learn something new. I always have travel and swimming goals. I have been pondering a "new dream" for quite some time. I'm not sure what that is at this point, but I'll know it when it lands on me. The pandemic and events of 2020 have changed life so dramatically, I'm OK with giving myself some time to figure out what's next. 
    I'm not too old, and neither are you!
        Leta

Barney, fulfilling his role of watchdog 😉😉


No comments:

Post a Comment