Saturday, July 6, 2024

July 6--YES! Sing the Song!

Everyone longs to be loved. And the greatest thing we can do is to let people know that they are loved and capable of loving.  --Fred Rogers

    After the Cubs win a home game, they play "Go, Cubs, Go" and the entire stadium sings it. Of course, I know all the words. My goal was to get to sing it, meaning the Cubs won. Yes, they did, 5-1. We sang. I was in heaven. 
    Before the game we roamed around Wrigleyville sight-seeing and people-watching. We had a beer at the Cubbie Bear bar, a must on game day. 
    My niece and I love to play Rummikub, but we both neglected to bring a game with us. So after taking the subway from the game back near our hotel, we scoped out a Target. We bought the game and assorted snacks and decided on a relaxing evening of Rummikub. 
    Today we do the Architecture Tour on the river and Skydeck Chicago.  
    I LOVE this priceless time with my niece!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment