Thursday, July 4, 2024

July 4--Here We Go Again!

We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.  --John F. Kennedy

    Let freedom ring!!! Let us appreciate what freedom we still have!
    "I'm leaving on a jet plane." 🎵🎵 Today my niece and I meet up for a fun long weekend in Chicago. On the agenda today is to meet up at O'Hare Airport, take the subway downtown, drop off our luggage at our hotel, find some lunch and spend the afternoon at the Shedd Aquarium. 
    I'm hoping for a much-needed break from the Wichita heat in Chicago. Temps are predicted in the low 80s. I can't be in Chicago without going to a Cubs game at Wrigley. That happens Friday. Let us all pray for a miracle that the Cubs win that game--they are in last place and sinking fast. Nevertheless, I remain a die-hard fan 😏
    Stay tuned for travel adventures, because "I lead a charmed life, especially when traveling." (You are free to borrow this mantra for yourself!)
        Leta
We shall soon see the Sea Otters!

No comments:

Post a Comment