Friday, July 5, 2024

July 5--Breathe and Love

We need love in order to live happily, as much as we need oxygen in order to live at all.  --Marianne Williamson  

    I often remind my students that breathing is the most important thing we humans do. Maybe not. Maybe loving is the most important. 
    My niece and I had a great first day in Chicago. Our flights arrived on time, and we somehow found each other at the baggage claim. We took the subway downtown, my niece's first ever subway ride, and dropped our luggage at the hotel. We went to a nearby Giordano's for deep dish pizza, then took the bus to the Shedd Aquarium.
    We are "two peas in a pod"--we came back to the hotel and napped, then walked to a brew pub for supper. We walked almost 7 miles total.
    Today--Wrigleyville and the Cubs game, my baseball heaven!
        Leta
One of the amazing creatures at the Shedd Aquarium

No comments:

Post a Comment