Saturday, July 27, 2024

July 27--1000 Miles, Arrived!

We can only learn to love by loving.  --Iris Murdoch

    On my 600-mile drive today, I had a lovely, loving, like-mind chat with a dear friend of many years. It is so rewarding and comforting to speak with a friend who "gets you." We have promised to do so more often in the future. It is a very blessed connection. 
    The parents of my niece's daughter-in-law had us over for a fajita dinner. It was a lovely meal, enjoyed while relaxing on their deck on a beautiful evening. It was quite a nice treat after my long drive.
    I did experience some melancholy, because this is my first solo trip to Ohio wherein I'm not seeing my dear brother. I miss you so much, Arlie!!
    I am grateful for safe travels. 
    Tomorrow... Ocean City, Maryland, here we come!!!
        Leta
My last trip with Arlie to Walmart...

No comments:

Post a Comment