Sunday, July 28, 2024

July 28--At the Beach!!!

Stay close to any sound that makes you glad you are alive.  --Hafez

    Yesterday I heard once again one of my favorite sounds--ocean waves breaking on the shore. We arrived late afternoon after a harrowing drive through the winding mountain roads of PA and MD and hellish traffic. I did not suspect that everyone in the entire world had plans to go to the same place as me... at least it seemed that way!    
    My great-nephew and his wife (whom I shall refer to as B and E) bravely tackled the grocery shopping while my niece (known as D) and I went to pick up pizza, beer and wine. The four of us enjoyed supper on the balcony. I finished off the day watching the Cubs finally win a game, including a grand slam. Three  days straight of riding in a car resulted in great sleep. 
    My morning readings included this from Richard Rohr:

We know we’re living in God’s Big Picture when we can see God in all cultures, in all social classes, and even in all religions. We have to stop thinking that any one religion has God in its pocket, or controls God, or that God only likes certain people who happen to be Christians. Would God be that stingy? Would God be that small and petty to only love people like me? I hope not. Because it’s precisely this great heart of God that is able to love all of God’s children.
 
    I think this makes it pretty clear how far off-base are the "Christian Nationalists" and those who believe the U.S. is a Christian nation. 
    Let's live on the side of freedom for ALL.
        Leta
Our view this morning by E

No comments:

Post a Comment