Wednesday, July 17, 2024

July 17--Family Fun

The pleasure of love is in loving. We are happier in the passion we feel than in that we inspire.  --Francois de la Rochefoucauld

    Route 70 in eastern Colorado is in terrible shape. The road is so rough, we feel battered after passing through that section. So we elected to take a detour on two lane roads through farmland and a few small towns. One of those we passed through had the no-doubt fine institution: Last Chance Community Church. LOL! Actually, I just learned that the tiny town's name IS Last Chance, which I guess makes it not so comical. 
    I had a great time playing with my grandson. I even got to read him a couple stories. Note that Dad and Mom don't want me to publish any photos of him, otherwise you could see how adorable he is! They are going to let us babysit him tonight while they go on a date. That's huge. Both have jobs and side hustles besides a 2-year-old and another arriving soon, so they need a break. We are so happy to support that!
    More fun today!
        Leta
Hoping to score some Palisade peaches...

No comments:

Post a Comment