Tuesday, July 30, 2024

July 30--Breathe!

A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love. 
--Friedrich Max Muller

    Beach time for me is very meditative. The warmth of the sunshine, the breeze, and the sound of crashing waves easily lull me into my inner world. Yesterday in "Every Day Spirit" by Mary Davis, I found this lovely practice:
  • Deep inhale, exhale with "My mind is calm."
  • Deep inhale, exhale with "My body is healthy."
  • Deep inhale, exhale with "My soul is joyful."
I like to add one more line such as:
  • Deep inhale, exhale with "I am whole."
  • Deep inhale, exhale with "All is well."
    This is an excellent quick centering practice as well as a good meditation focus. 

    Yesterday's beach time was perfect. Not too hot, breezy, sunny--it was easy to hang in the sunshine. It is over 100 degrees at home in Kansas this week, so I am extra-happy to be here. The evening included a lovely seafood supper at FishTales and purchasing the annual fix at Dodo, the edible cookie dough store. Then D and I taught B & E how to play Rummikub, and we now have two more folks hooked. 😉😉
    Calm, healthy, joyful!
        Leta
On yesterday's walk

No comments:

Post a Comment