Tuesday, October 3, 2023

October 3--No Math Needed

When one loves, one does not calculate.  --St. Therese de Lisieux

    I often joke with my sons that they embarrassed me so many times as children--therefore, I have plenty of opportunities left to embarrass them to even the score. Eye-rolling and smiles ensue. 
    Far and away the most generous person I have ever known was my dad. We lived in the beautiful boondocks of Pennsylvania. My dad would regularly drive from neighbor to neighbor to collect donations for the American Heart Association or Cancer Society. He supported the Lutheran Church even though he did not attend (hedging his bets?). He worked hard creating the Miller Lumber Company to support our family. When I wasn't in school, I was in the lumber truck with him doing deliveries. Somewhere along every delivery route there was an ice cream store that had to be supported 😉😉 I can't recall him refusing any reasonable request from me. He put me through college and grad school. Dad is the reason I love sports so much as we drove to many high school football and basketball games together. I remember watching the first few Super Bowls with him. I am the gratefully spoiled daughter of "Snapper" Miller. If he ever "calculated," he did not use it against me. 
    Love is the way, 
        Leta
"Snapper" Miller,
as handsome as he was generous!

No comments:

Post a Comment