Sunday, October 1, 2023

October 1--The GBU

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.  --Dalai Lama XIV


    GBU--the good, the bad, and the ugly. 
    Upcoming--the October theme is generosity. I'll get to that in tomorrow's post. 
    Now it is October. That's the good. It is my birthday month, and I love fall weather and color. I am going on a trip to Europe. Best of all, September is finished with no major personal disasters!!! 
    The bad... today is the final day of the regular major league baseball season. As much as I LOVE Opening Day, I am distressed by the last day. I will watch the playoffs, because I am a fan of the game, and it prolongs the end of baseball season just a bit longer. Alas...
    The ugly... the Cubs were in the playoff picture until they hit their own disaster in September. They went through a stretch wherein they lost 11 of 15 games, and their pitching, especially the bullpen, did them in. It was painful to witness. So today's Brewers-Cubs game is meaningless, but I will watch it ceremoniously because I love the game. And I shall utter the well-known Cubs phrase, "Wait till next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 
    So I will be an Orioles fan during the playoffs--they have sucked even longer than the Cubs.
    And basketball season will be upon us soon!
    Your sports nut,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment