Saturday, October 28, 2023

October 28--Warm and Sunny

A kind word is like a spring day.  --Russian proverb

    I believe there is significantly more kindness in the world than violence. Alas, violence gets the publicity. What we focus on expands, so let's focus on kindness. Other "spring day" elements are a smile and using the name of the person with whom you are interacting. Tips are nice, too. 
    I saw a neighbor out walking in the dark the other morning (I was walking Barney), and she had on a light vest that changed colors and made her quite visible. I asked her about it later in the day, and she said she bought it on Amazon. She then went to the trouble (kindness!) to find out my cell number from her sister-in-law and text me the link for the item. 
    On the other hand, on my recent UK trip, there was one person whom I could describe as "Negative Nellie on steroids." She was loud and constantly complaining, and after just a few days, no one wanted to be around her. She was a "winter day" rather than a "spring day."
    Kindness is a choice. Be kind. 
        Leta

IMAGINE, by John Lennon


No comments:

Post a Comment