Monday, October 23, 2023

October 23--Stop the Hurt

You will make all kinds of mistakes; but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her. 
--Winston Churchill

    Isn't a Churchill quote so appropriate given that I've just returned from the United Kingdom?
    I see plenty of "fierce" out there in the world, but I'm not so sure about "generous and true." 
    On the other hand, I saw a LOT of people on my just-completed two-week tour of England and Wales. Between all of us, no doubt we've made thousands of mistakes. As I did plenty of people-watching, I reminded myself that we are all simply moving through life as best we can. We want to be healthy, connected, and loved. The billions of expressions of human life all came from the same Something Bigger. Peaceful coexistence happens all over the world every day. War and violence are hurting and distressing the world. Let us fiercely expand the "generous and true" and stop the hatred. This begins in each one's own heart.
        Leta

The sea at Land's End, England

No comments:

Post a Comment