Friday, October 13, 2023

October 13--Grief and Guffawing

Real generosity towards the future lies in giving all to the present.  --Albert Camus

    I am giving all to my grief over Dusty. Yesterday morning we set out on a walking tour of Bath, and ended up in short order at a wide open space where several dogs were playing. I have no idea what the guide was telling us. I was watching the dogs and crying. There was one who was excellent at retrieving and returning a ball, just like Dusty did so well. That did me in, especially since I slept so little the night before. 
    We roamed more of Bath and ended up at the Roman Baths, which I toured in a hurry. Old stone and yucky water. How much of that does one need to see? Part of the reason I went through so fast--there was an awesome street musician outside playing the trumpet. We found a little cafe and had very yummy hot chocolate and listened to his tunes. 
    Next Lanie and I roamed around the shops of Bath, and she bought me the coaster below as a birthday gift. There were others that were equally hysterical. We stopped in at The Old Green Tree pub and had a pint and a lovely conversation with the bartender. He gave us the recommendation for an Italian restaurant, Martini. 
    We went back to the hotel, and our foursome played Rummikub in the bar area for about three hours. 
    Then our foursome and our tour host, Greg Tamblyn, went out to eat at the recommended Italian restaurant. The meal and company were excellent. We laughed so much and so hard that our sides hurt. 
    Another great day! I was grateful for the game-playing and camaraderie of supper--both were very helpful in helping me with my grief. 
    Today we head to Glastonbury. 
        Leta


The Roman Baths

As it should be everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment