Sunday, October 22, 2023

October 22--HOME!

We can only learn to love by loving.  --Iris Murdoch

    After a long day of travel, wherein I was awake for 24 hours straight, I am home. I have slept for a few hours, and I'm very happy to be back. 
    Some random things I noticed on the trip:
  • The new car showrooms in London are multi-story rather than spread out over acres. 
  • I saw the tomb of Queen Elizabeth II in the Chapel at Windsor Castle.
  • I saw a commercial van that had this warning on the back: "No sushi kept in this van overnight."
  • The cleaning folks at Heathrow Airport have their title on the back of their shirts: "Sanitation technician."
  • Tesla cars are extremely popular in the UK.
  • I like their road signs better than ours: "Queues likely" (ours: expect delays); "Give Way" (ours: yield) and so on. The streets in London often have "Look Right -->" and "<-- Look Left" painted on the road at the crosswalks to lessen the wiping out of tourists unaccustomed to drivers moving on the left side of the road.
  • In mating season, the farmers put sacks with different color paint on the bellies of each ram, so that when they mate, they leave a glob of paint on the ewe. If the ewes "visited" by a particular ram don't bear lambs, that ram becomes mutton. 
    Time for a slow and gradual re-entry. 
        Leta

I'm not sure this is a good business name.

No comments:

Post a Comment