Tuesday, October 17, 2023

October 17--Another Day, Another Cathedral

Love is always a choice.  --Gary Chapman

    Yesterday started at Gloucester Cathedral. Its big claim to fame is the tomb of King Edward II. I wonder if anyone has ever looked to see if there really are remains in all these tombs. Can they even be opened? The stained glass is outstanding. 

King Edward II lies here

Not your usual stained glass--beautiful!
    Next we stopped at Bourton-on-the-Water for lunch. We enjoyed a meal and a half-pint at a pub. There's a lovely town square with a stream running through it. 
    Then we went to Sudeley Castle. Queen Katherine Parr, last wife of King Henry VIII, is buried there. The gardens there are lovely, but I think they would be spectacular in the summertime. There is a very large area known as "CoExistence," with large animal displays supporting conservation and coexistence with humans. My favorite is the hedgehog...

It is way bigger than life-size!
    Then it was back to the hotel. I decided I wanted alone time and sleep more than dinner, so I showered, read, and hit the sack early. 
    Today we go to Wales!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment