Saturday, August 6, 2022

August 6--A Full Heart

Where we love is home--home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts. 
--Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

    While living in this home where I now sit, my husband and I were married, raised two sons, had careers, and did loads of work to maintain and improve the physical structure. Many adventures took us away, but our hearts were always in this home we love. 
    With our sons in Colorado, we have talked of moving to be closer to them. That's it, just talk. Neither my husband nor I want to face the daunting task of moving. So much of my heart is wrapped up in this place. There are large white pine trees in our yard--my dad mailed me the seedlings from Pennsylvania back in 1990. A lot of "blood, sweat and tears" have happened here--raising two kids, remember? The love within these walls and among the people who have lived here is profound and heart-blessing.
    Here is a recent Note from the Universe (Mike Dooley): "When you love who you are, you become much more lovable." I would also add: When you love where you are, you become much more lovable.
    Loving home,
        Leta

Home sweet home at Christmas time,
reminding us that it will once again soon be cooler outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment