Monday, August 29, 2022

August 29--Shadows

Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to.  --John Ed Pearce

    I most certainly did want to leave, and I did. Given that my parents died so long ago (Mom in 1979, Dad in 2000), I don't feel much desire to get back there. I make occasional trips to see my remaining family, and I thoroughly enjoy those trips, but I won't be moving back to PA anytime soon. 

    I'm running these days full-speed into the "brick wall" of expectations or ideas not meeting reality. A couple examples: I love the IDEA of sleeping the night away, but here I am awake at 4:00 am with no hope of any more sleep. I love the IDEA of golf, but my skill level often disappoints me. There are other much more significant and troublesome examples that I won't go into. This is a recurring thing for me. I simply haven't figured out how to not have any expectations about anything.  
    Today I report to the 18th Judicial District for jury duty; maybe some interesting stories will follow from that.
        Leta

Weed shadows on the Sunset Park sidewalk

No comments:

Post a Comment