Friday, August 12, 2022

August 12--Ordinary Days

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest.  --Thomas Moore 

    I've read a considerable amount on mindfulness and being present in the everyday acts of life. Those everyday activities ARE life. Yes, we have big events like births, marriages, deaths, vacations, new jobs, relocations, and such, but most days are fairly ordinary. I count on those "ordinary acts" like the morning cup of coffee, belly rubs for Barney, meals with my spouse, exercise, and an assortment of things I do each day to support my health (like flossing and taking vitamins). Enjoying the "ordinary" makes for contented days, which makes for a positive life flow. Those ordinary acts are certainly of great importance!
    Heading to the pool, 
        Leta

Progress daily on the new deck

No comments:

Post a Comment