Wednesday, August 17, 2022

August 17--FINALLY!!!!

You can go other places, all right--you can live on the other side of the world, but you can't ever leave home.  --Sue Monk Kidd

    I still refer to Pennsylvania as "home" even though I have not lived there in over 40 years. My Miller family back east is "home"--they are the folks who have known me the longest time (and still love me). Having lived in my current Kansas home for over 37 years, I would really have a hard time leaving it. My entire rich adult life has been lived within these walls. I love to travel, but I always look forward to being home. I occasionally ponder a move to Colorado to be closer to the kids, but Wichita is home, so those thoughts don't linger for long. 


    
Though I did not know for sure, when I went looking a couple days ago for an "It's a Girl!" graphic, my Self said, "You won't need that." Baby Luca was born around 4am on Tuesday, August 16, weighing in at 8 pounds, 11 ounces, 22" long. Luca's Dad reports blue eyes and light brown hair. Mom, Dad and Luca are doing great. Grammie is over-the-moon ecstatic and can barely wait to hold our new little one and love him up. My son said that he confirmed with several staff members at the hospital that Luca is the cutest baby that has ever been born. My husband said to me, "We're grandparents now. We just got older."
😉😉😍😍😂
    Joy, joy, joy,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment