Wednesday, August 10, 2022

August 10--Waiting by the Fireside

There is no place more delightful than one's own fireside.  --Cicero

    Having spent the past weekend away, sleeping in a hotel, not eating my usual foods, being out in the extreme heat for hours, I can certainly attest to Cicero's quote. Coming home to my very-happy-to-see-me dog and husband, it was such a relief to be in my own space with my peeps. 
    My niece and one of her twin sons have stopped by on a road trip from Arizona to Ohio. It was the first time any of my Miller family has come to our home in Kansas in decades. What a fun treat! 
    I am grateful for the golf trip and family visit because these are keeping me occupied while I await the arrival, any day now, of our grandbaby. 
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment