Wednesday, August 24, 2022

August 24--Home Please

The ache for home lives in all of us. The safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.  --Maya Angelou

    Today we head home from Colorado. I have had the complete and utter joy of meeting grandson Luca and holding him a bunch. A crying baby is completely different for me as a grandmother--it is heart-wrenching, despite the fact that I know that is how babies communicate. We went on a dog walk with me pushing Luca in the stroller. He cried almost the whole time, and I nearly started crying, too. Little Luca is growing and wants to eat all the time. Mom and Dad are tired but ecstatic with their new family member.
    It is time for us to head homeward, so the new parents have some time to regroup before the other set of grandparents, and a great-granddad, arrive. Once home, I will begin to plot my next visit, knowing that even in a few short weeks, Luca will have changed dramatically. 
    Homeward bound,
        Leta

Luca and Grammie

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got a visit in. Precious love

    ReplyDelete