Tuesday, August 2, 2022

August 2--Expanding "Home"

No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.  --Lin Yutang

    With home being the theme for the month of August in "Daily Gratitude," I'm going to look at both our actual physical home and hometown Wichita and maybe beyond. I love our home of 37 years, I love Wichita, and I love our magnificent mother Earth. 
    Isn't it wonderful to return home from traveling and sleep in your own bed with your favorite pillow? There's a relaxing "Aaahhhhh" to that. Trips are fun, and they can be relaxing, but they don't compare to the relief of being safely back home. I also love to take that favorite pillow with me, if space allows, carrying a favorite part of home with me. 
    One of the most awesome things in the Wichita area is our Sedgwick County Zoo. I earned a free pass from a recent blood donation, and I went there this past Sunday. I hadn't been there in a few years, and WOW, what changes! It is world-class. Folks in the area have been very generous in supporting its expansion. Animal habitats are much larger, along with creative ways to observe them. The vegetation is lush, both in the habitats and along the walking paths. 
    Loving home,
        Leta



Some of the cool artwork 
at Sedgwick County Zoo


No comments:

Post a Comment