Tuesday, August 23, 2022

August 23--Gifts of Love

Home is wherever I'm with you.  --Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

    "Home" right now is Colorado, and the most excellent spot is holding grandson Luca. We had decided to wait until the parents invited us to visit, and they did so much earlier than we expected. We were joyfully blessed to meet Luca when he was just five days old. He's an adorable miracle! His mom and dad are quite chill and adapting to parenthood very easily. 
    I gave the new parents two gifts of significance (to me). One is pictured below. Legos were the favorite toy of our sons (and me), and I wanted to get Luca started early! Those are Duplos, the larger version of Legos for littler kids. The other gift was a comfy glider/recliner chair which has already been a godsend--think catching bits of sleep with a baby on your chest. 
    Home is LOVE, and I'm very much at home,
        Leta
    
The Duplo Starter Set

No comments:

Post a Comment