Friday, April 22, 2022

April 22--Thanks!

Gratitude is a twofold love---love coming to visit us and love running out to greet a welcome guest.  --Henry Van Dyke

    Being in a state of gratitude feels good. 
    "Be grateful for everything." Nope, can't do that. I'm human, and some things simply suck.
    "Be grateful in everything." Ahhhh, now this is more manageable. Even if I don't like the circumstances, I can still be thankful for my life, my breath, and knowing that whatever is happening, there is a solution. 
    It took a while in my recovery journey to come to the point of gratitude for being an addict. I certainly was not grateful at the point of "hitting bottom," but the spiritual life I have gained as a result is priceless. I couldn't be more grateful.
    I am thankful to be near mountains once again, appreciating the beauty of our magnificent Earth home,
        Leta

Last fall near Fort Collins, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment