Monday, April 11, 2022

April 11--Go for It!

Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.  --Erica Jong

    In my younger days, as a practicing addict, it was a huge risk for me to have my future husband move in with me. Either he would see what I did, or I would have to hide it, both of which happened. I expanded the risk more by getting married and then having a child. It was love for that child and being completely miserable with myself that drove me into recovery. Trust me, it is a huge risk of love to give up one's substance of choice. But had I not done that, I would not have my wonderful husband and two sons, and I cannot imagine life without them. 
    Love is worth the risk,
        Leta

These guys are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment