Tuesday, April 19, 2022

April 19--"Family" is Much Bigger Than We Realize

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.  --Rumi

    After more than three decades together, I'm still in awe over all that happened to bring my husband and I together. I grew up in the boondocks of Pennsylvania. He grew up in the St. Louis area. In my desire to get away from home, I went to grad school at the University of Minnesota. That ended successfully with a job at Schreiber Foods in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I interviewed with that company because there was a guy I liked from grad school living in Green Bay. 
    Schreiber had two cheese manufacturing plants in Missouri. In Green Bay, I met a man who had worked at the Missouri plants, and I became fast friends with him and his wife. They knew Dennis (my then future husband) from the MO plants where he worked in engineering/tech support. Dennis and I ended up working together on the "bulk cheese project." Whenever Dennis came to Green Bay for work, the four of us would get together and party. 
    On April 14, 1982, I was at the Carthage, Missouri plant for work, and I said to Dennis, "How far is it to Kansas City? I want to go to a Royals game." We left work early and made the three-hour drive to Royals stadium. That was the sight of the first kiss (see the April 2 post). As they say, the rest is history... 
    I truly believe there was something way bigger than us conspiring to bring us together. We were "in each other all along" and will be so forever. We are all in big cosmic families to enjoy eternity together. 
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment